Removing excess moisture from the air in your home can have several health benefits. Reducing the moisture level in the air can help reduce the levels of allegens in the air helping you to breathe more easily.
Moulds are in fact microscopic fungi and can be found everywhere in the environment and are a common part of household dust. When found at normal low levels these moulds do not cause any concern, however if they are allowed to grow in large numbers they can cause allergic reactions and breathing problems in humans.
Almost every home has uninvited guests - the house dust mite. They are incredibly small so they cannot be seen with the naked eye. Feeding on dead skin cells shed from humans and pets they thrive in the warm and humid environment of modern homes. The mites themselves do not cause a problem, its their enzyme-covered droppings that cause the allergic reactions. The good news is that there are some very easy methods to controll the amount of dust mites in your home.